Broccoli Date Spring Chop Salad
Posted on April 26th, 2021 to Recipes
We teamed up with one of our favorite brands, Joolies, to bring you a series of healthy, delicious recipes, all made with their dates and/or date syrup as well our CBD olive oil…
Leave it to our chef, Sara, to create the perfect spring salad. This Broccoli Date Spring Chop Salad With a Toasted Cumin CBD Vinaigrette comes together in just minutes and is packed with nutrient-rich ingredients like medjool dates, broccoli, and our CBD olive oil.
Thanks to a combination of healthy fats, from the tahini and olive oil, and fiber, from the medjool dates, broccoli, and sugar snap peas, this plant-powered salad is full of amazing textures, flavors, and nutrients that will actually keep you satisfied. It’s tossed in a toasted cumin CBD vinaigrette, made with our CBD olive oil and naturally sweetened with Joolies date syrup.
We are obsessed with Joolies, so we are very excited about this partnership. We are constantly devouring their products, whether we’re eating their dates solo or loaded with nut butters as a quick snack, chopping up their dates and tossing them into our favorite recipes, or sweetening any recipe with their natural, low-glycemic syrups. Their dates are hand-picked on their sustainable family farm in the Coachella Valley, where the California sunshine, Colorado River, and certified organic practices nurture a rich soil.
Of course, this recipe also includes an added wellness boost of 20mg CBD in each serving by using our Hemp-Infused Olive Oil to make the dressing.
Broccoli Date Spring Chop Salad With a Toasted Cumin CBD Vinaigrette
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 tbsp Cannaves Oliva Extra Virgin CBD Olive Oil
- ¼ cup tahini
- 2 tbsp warm water
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp Joolies date syrup
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 heads broccoli chopped into 1 " pieces (stems included)
- ½ shallot thinly sliced
- 4 Joolies dates pitted and chopped
- 1 cup sugar snap peas thinly sliced
- ¼ cup sliced radish
- 2 tbsp hazelnuts toasted and chopped
- tender herbs garnish
- Lay chopped broccoli out on a baking sheet and roast at 400F for 15 minutes. It's okay if the broccoli is not well spaced out, the idea here is to slightly steam and cook the broccoli.
- Once cooled, toss together with ½ shallot, thinly sliced, and set aside.
- Toast cumin seeds on the stovetop for 2-3 mins, or until very fragrant. Once toasted, pour into a small bowl and immediately add the 2 tbsp Cannaves Oliva.
- Combine cumin olive oil with tahini, warm water, lemon juice, date syrup and salt. Whisk to combine and salt to taste.
- Toss broccoli with chopped dates, radish, sugar snap peas and the vinaigrette. Garnish with any tender herbs, such as dill or parsley, as well as the toasted hazelnuts.
And in case it wasn’t obvious, this recipe is also plant-based, gluten-free, refined-sugar-free, and paleo-friendly.
Make sure to tag us on social media @cannavesoliva so we can see your amazing results. We’d also love to know if you made any substitutions and how they worked out.