Spicy Aglio e Olio
Posted on March 31st, 2021 to Recipes
Pasta just spiced up our self-care routine…
This take on Aglio e Olio by Chef Sara Frost is giving us the excuse that we didn’t even need to enjoy a bowl of pasta – it serves as our delicious daily dose of CBD.
Spicy CBD Aglio e Olio
- 1 lb bucatini
- 1 egg yolk
- ⅓ cup Cannaves Oliva extra virgin CBD olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes or calabrian chili
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- 2 tbsp breadcrumbs optional
- salt and pepper to taste
- Boil a large pot of water. Meanwhile, peel garlic and slice finely.
- Once water boils, at 3 tbsp salt. Let it boil salted for a few minutes, then add the pasta in and cook for 9 minutes.
- While the pasta cooks, in a pan large enough to fit all the pasta, heat up the olive oil on medium-low heat. Add garlic and simmer slowly, without letting the garlic brown.
- Once the pasta is ready, take 1 cup of pasta water out before straining.
- Add pepper flakes or chili to the oil, stir in. Add the cooked pasta and cup of pasta water to the pan with the spicy oil. Use tongs to mix up the liquid until it is completely absorbed by the pasta.
- Add the egg yolk and toss. Mix in fresh parsley. Serve topped with salt and pepper.
Are you gluten-free? No worries!
Here’s how you modify: use gluten-free spaghetti and instead of pasta water, add a second egg yolk.
Make sure to tag us on social media @cannavesoliva so we can see your amazing results. We’d also love to know if you made any substitutions and how they worked out.